NECK PAIN – GREEVA SOOLA Best Ayurvedic Panchakarma Treatments in Hyderabad and Vizag
LOCK-DOWN EFFECTS ON LIFE STYLE
BODY POSTURAL PROBLEM LEADS TO LOW BACK PAIN AND NECK PAIN ETC..
NECK PAIN (GREEVA SOOLA)
The global pandemic has brought the world to a standstill, with most of us stuck at home for months now. Working from home for the Elders and Virtual classes for children as they are being restricted to the indoors poses significant health challenges. Increased number of hours spent sitting, having an improper posture, Deficiency of Vitamin D, lack of adequate exercise and the stress of the pandemic all can cause neck pain
Pain in the neck can be due to injury, a mechanical or muscular problem
· A trapped nerve caused by a bulge in one of the discs between the vertebrae.
· Arthritis of the neck.
· It can range from very mild discomfort to severe, burning, prickling and shooting pain.
· If the pain is ‘acute’ – sudden and intense – it is called a crick in the neck or muscular rheumatism.
· Most common cause now in 80% of young adults browsing mobile while travelling from place to place (Eg: travelling from home to office or office to home) by forward bending of neck.
If the pain has lasted more than 3 months, it is termed ‘chronic’ neck pain. Neck pain is a very common condition and is more frequently seen in women than men. Most people will experience pain in the neck at some point in their life.
· Trauma or injury, Worry, Anxiety and stress falling asleep in an awkward position.
· Prolonged use of a computer keyboard/mobile.
· For most people, no specific reason for the pain can be found.
· However, in some cases it is possible to make a precise diagnosis. The underlying problem could be Slip disc, brittle bones (Osteoporosis).
· Cervical Spondylosis, deformed natural curvature of the spine (Scoliosis)
· Very rarely, structural damage due to Tumors or Infection. Finally, road accidents involving whiplash injury may result in acute or chronic neck pain that takes several months to improve.
· Online classes for the students (Sitting Postures).
· Work from home due to lock down (Sitting postures).
· General pain located in the neck area as well as stiffness in the neck muscles.
· The pain may radiate down to the shoulder or between the shoulder blades.
· It may also radiate out into the arm, the hand, or up into the head, causing a one-sided (Migraine) or double sided head ache.
· The muscles in the neck are tense, sore and feel hard to the touch.
· Acute pain can give rise to abnormal neck posture in which the head is forced to turn to one side.
· The pain at the base of the skull may be accompanied by a feeling of weakness in the shoulders and arms.
· There may be prickly or tingling sensation in the arms and fingers. Sometimes lead to numbness.
- Ayurveda Panchakarma Therapies for a period of 7/14/21/28 days rarely more no of days according to severity& chronicity of the disease.
- Abhyangam: A whole body massage with specific herbal oils, achieves deepest healing effects by naturally harmonizing Body, Mind, Soul and the Senses.
- Nadi Swedanam: Medicated steam bath.
· Pathra pottali: Herbal leaf bundle massage.
· Greeva vasti: Dough is prepared and kept in Greeva (neck) region and oil is poured into it, Luke worm oil (temperature depending on patient’s ability to take warmth) is put into the dough temperature to be maintained constantly throughout the procedure.
- Shirodhara: Pouring continuous stream of medicated oil, butter milk etc., on the forehead and doing a gentle & soothing head massage.
- Nasyam: administration of medicated oil through the nose, cleanses accumulated kapha toxins from the head and neck region.
Food Diet in Neck Pain:
· Eat Plenty of Green leafy vegetables and seasonal fruits.
· Having a powder of ginger reduces inflammation.
· Sesame seeds, Pumpkin seeds and Flax seeds can be included in your diet.
· Avoid Junk Food.
- Based on severity of pain and as per the advice of your doctor you must take up activity it differs from person to person.
- Walking is the best if your doctor agrees and your body cooperates. Active life release endorphins and activate mind.
- Exposure to Sun light will improve blood circulation that results in increased cell oxygen. Neck exercises by doctor go a long way.
Yogasanas for neck pain under expert guidelines:
- Supta vajrasana